Turnage, Lalo, Ravel
In Le Tombeau de Couperin, Maurice Ravel not only composed an homage to the elegant French baroque style, but also to a number of departed friends – killed in the horrors of the First World War.
The British composer Mark-Anthony Turnage drew inspiration, for a commissioned work, from the West Flemish landscape such as that of ’Passchendaele’. Edouard Lalo was also a native of that region, but from the French side of the border. And by the way, he dedicated his Cello Concerto to the Belgian cellist Adolphe Fischer.
For a fine end to the concert, Ravel takes us to the mythical spot where Daphnis et Chloé fell into each others’ arms.
Mark-Anthony Turnage Passchendaele (2013)
Édouard Lalo Concerto pour violoncelle et orchestre en ré mineur
Maurice Ravel Le Tombeau de Couperin, Suite d’orchestre
Maurice Ravel Daphnis et Chloé, Suite no. 2
Tickets Concertgebouw Brugge
Ticketshop In&Uit Brugge
’t Zand 34 | 8000 Bruges
monday-saturday, 10:00 > 17:00 & sunday, 10:00 > 14:00 & one hour before each performance
Tel: +32 (0) 70/22 33 02 (€ 0,30/minute)
monday-friday, 16:30 > 18:30
- free: Iedereen Klassiek (28/10/2017)
- €41/32/22: Lalo & Ravel/Stéphane Denève (7/10/2017)
- €72/60/45: Happy 2018!/Giancarlo Guerrero (incl. new year drink) (7/01/2018)
- €41/32/22: Modern Times/Dirk Brossé (03/03/2018)
booking fee €1/ticket
- -50%: -26 years
- -50%: citizens of Bruges with OCMW-participatiekaart
- -15 %: +65 years, groups and firms (+15 people), OKO sector pas
- -€3/ticket: Knack Club (max. 2 pers/card)
Get to Concertgebouw Bruges by bike
At ‘t Zand there are several bike racks where you can safely lock your bike.
Get to Concertgebouw Bruges by public transportation
Bruges is easily accessible by train. The Concertgebouw is a ten minute walk from the station: cross the station and the main road and turn left onto the path through Albert Park. You can also take the bus: every five minutes there is a bus to the city center, with a stop next to the Concertgebouw.
Get to Concertgebouw Bruges by car
The Concertgebouw offers several parking options, including Centrum-Zand (24/24) and Centrum-Station (free bus transport with your parkingticket).
Visit the website of Concertgebouw Bruges for detailed directions and more information.
- 19:30 – introduction: Sander De Keere & Stéphane Denève
- SYMFOMANIA! Concert experience for kids +8 (€5/atelier + concert)
- Wolfgang – discover what you hear
- post concert – music by French Kiss
- 19:15 – introduction: Yves Knockaert
73’ (excl. intermission) | coprod. Flagey, Concertgebouw